Friday 22 September 2017


Hello Parents and Campers!  Weird, huh, how I am at school on this lovely Friday, but my campers are NOT!

Well, I'll share a little bit about the start to MY Friday... I just enjoyed a wonderful morning with my colleagues all over the city today at the WFCU as we came together for the morning to celebrate the eucharist at our annual Together in Faith Day.  Following Mass, we listened to our guest speaker was David Wells, from the Diocese of Plymouth, England.  This man was an incredible speaker with a great sense of humour who was able to capture the attention of over 2000 teachers and deliver a very powerful and humbling talk.  I left there feeling blessed to be a teacher and humbled by my critical role in your child's life.  I pray that God guides me as I guide your children this year.  I hope to inspire them to be believe that they are intelligent, kind, compassionate and very capable little people who will one day make this world an even better place!  My first and foremost goal is to ensure that your child WANTS to come to school.  All of the rest will fall into place if we can first get your child to develop a love of learning!

Ok, to recap this week...
 Students had their first Language Quiz Friday.  Students can expect to have short quizzes on most Fridays to review concepts and learning that week.   I will be sending home your child's quiz Monday for you to review, sign and return on Tuesday.  Great job everyone!

Spelling tests will also be sent home Monday to you to sign and return Tuesday.  Please make sure your child write the errors 10 each at the BACK of the Spelling book.

More to come next week!  Enjoy this beautiful weekend!

Counsellor Wilson

SECRET QUESTION:  
What subtraction sentence can you make with these related facts;   6, 8, 14?